Tuesday, September 15, 2015

Suomi on minun LEMPIpaikka‏


Fun Fact: I've been saying something very embarrassing in Finnish recently. So, to say Joseph Smith's first vision I have been saying "Josephi Smithin ensimainen naki". Turns out, that directly translates to 'Joseph Smiths first hotdog'. Who would've thought. The correct way to say vision is näky not naki...Good thing this life is all about learning from our mistakes, right?
So yesterday was Sisar Harris Syntymäpäivää (birthday) and we were actually up in Oulu for Zone training and then had a 5 hour train ride (through absolutely BEAUTIFUL forests and farmland and cities) and had an hour...layover?? Train stop?? I don't know what to refer to it as, but we were in Seinejöki for an hour so we went to dinner at a Pizza and Kebob place (just because Kebob is illegal in Amerikka) haha it was special. We then walked along the Meri (ocean) as the sun went down and contacted people. We met this girl (can't say any names) who was about our age and she was so enthusiastic that we were giving her a gift = Mormonin Kirja (Book of Mormon) and she wanted to learn more about how much God loves her so we were sooo excited...but she is in the Elders area, by one street. Too bad. But nonetheless, she is awesome and it was a blessing to meet her.
This week was a week of a lot of learning. I get complimented on my Finnish a lot...probably because these people are just so nice and feel bad for me...but tha'ts ok! We met someone downtown and we were talking to him and he asked how long we had been in Finland and when we said 6 months and 2 weeks he literally almost fell off his bike. He said he has NEVER met anyone who could speak like us in the amount of time here. He also told me that he thinks I know more vocab than him...haha he was just a sweetheart. It was one of those much needed compliments that day.
I love it here!! I love these people, even if they don't love me! A lot of people see us with our name tags and say some things to us in seemingly harsh tones...Doesn't bother me!! I can't understand what they are saying!! hahaha. The Finns are a great people, though. I love them.
<ps the mission address is=
Sisar Valerie Marie Cardon
Finland, Helsinki Mission
Upseerinkatu 3Ce
02600 Espoo, Finland

(Our usual meals)  DELICIOUS


Sisar Harris and I in Oulu for Zone training on her birthday.

 



No comments:

Post a Comment