Tuesday, September 29, 2015

Week of Learning



What a wonderful blessing we have to be here and learn so much and be tried
so hard and for our roots be forced to grow long and deep. 

What a week. I feel like I have grown more in one week than I have in a year. There were so many emotions, trials, blessings and tender mercies; I don't even think I could fit it all in with even the full hour and a half. Let me first start with the blessing of following the spirit without even realizing it (its always crazy to look back on decisions and moments where you had no idea that you were being led, but the Lord's hand was in it all). Last Wednesday we went tracting in a seemingly random street and I felt like it started out really well, I was full of energy and just knew that we were going to get let in. Well, after about an hour and a half we had not had much luck. As we were walking back to the car, we ran into a former investigator, (Heather) and her boyfriend, and ended up being able to help her out, talk for a while and she even invited us in to speak with her. It was literally such an answer to my prayer. I could go on and on about the moments with her, but I simply don't have the time. She did, however, end up walking us back to our car and she said to us that she believes we were there that night for a reason because of her boyfriend who really needed to hear what we had to say.  I can't even tell you the impact that this experience had on my week. My purpose and testimony was so strong and reinforced. 
 We taught, (Elise), yesterday and really expressed how grateful we are that she would open up so much and be so vulnerable with her thoughts. It was such a personal lesson. Which brings me to my next point. In that lesson yesterday, I spoke Finnish. I spoke so well. Sisar Harris even told me after, that there was no way she could've spoken like that her first month. I feel like I really witnessed and for the first time saw that God really is helping us with this language. I shared personal experiences, and testimony like I never have before. I really spoke with the spirit and my heart was so full.

This week, again like I said, was an incredible one. My journal has gotten significantly thicker. My testimony has grown. My faith in myself and knowledge of my personal purpose here in Finland and how I, Sisar Cardon, am here for a reason and there are things that I can do and lives that only I can touch. There are people here that are exactly what I need. I am so unbelievably blessed, I can't even express it in words. What a wonderful blessing we have to be here and learn so much and be tried so hard and for our roots be forced to grow long and deep. 
Also, FUNNIEST THING EVER!!! So, the other day, we are just walking on the street and get chatting with this really nice guy from Switzerland....well he was a little too nice. He talked nonstop for about 20 minutes and then we just ended up having to tell him we had to go. As we were leaving, Sisar Harris held out her hand for a handshake and he looks at it, chuckles, and then goes in for the world's biggest bear hug...I have never seen a more awkward thing in my ENTIRE LIFE!!! He was like "what? Are Americans not allowed to hug?" and we tried to explain that as missionaries we just really like to shake hands....oh. my. heavens. I don't think you could ever see a funnier and more awkward situation. Missionary life is the best. hahaha

Sisar Cardon


Ps we found a huge apple tree...that was a tender mercy. Now we can make pie!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment