Tuesday, March 22, 2016

March 14, 2016 Transfers!!!!!



Moi Moi Moi!! 

We got transfer calls this week....I am going to TURKU!! :) I am excited (even though I have shed some tears leaving this family of mine in Vaasa). It was my last Sunday yesterday...so many people were so sweet and gave me letters and pictures and things. I feel so loved, and I LOVE ALL of these people here. I can't believe that I have been in Vaasa for half a year! I am the luckiest. 

FUNNIEST STORY: Okay so, this week we had a meeting scheduled with this new guy. We got to his apartment and as we got out of the elevator and looked down the hall he was waiting with his door open, ready to come out, with a platter of tea and coffee. He didn't really say much except to hold the elevator and we were going somewhere else. We were so confused. (we had only met this guy once before briefly and set up a return appointment) We, Sis Kwok, our ward member, him and I, all squeezed in the personal elevator-much much too close for comfort. We get off. He then led us down the hallway and opened the door to...drum roll please...THE SAUNA!! Hahahaha we had no idea what was going on. He just set down the drinks and said that he "didn't want to meet in his home because this was a more neutral place" so we sat in the sauna...all very close..fully clothed (even with coats on) and talked about the Restoration of the Gospel of Jesus Christ. It was one of the weirdest experiences. So FUNNY!! (we have a mission rule that missionaries are NOT allowed to sauna...but good thing that there is not a rule that we cannot have lessons there.)

We are gonna cut email time because I need to go pack. Love you all!!

some quick pics :)‏

We had our last district meeting all together before the change. It was ridiculously fun. The Seinäjoki Elders had us do a "farewell meal" that I truly believe was to give us all heart attacks. It was a casseroll of one layer of mashed potatoes, then a layer of McDonalds hamburgers, another layer of mashed potatoes and then cheese and then bacon...I almost died.  




No comments:

Post a Comment