Saturday, April 2, 2016

March 22, 2016 TURKU minun uusi maani‏ (TURKU, my new country)

Its like I am serving with a best friend!!This has been such a good start to the transfer. I am amazed at how hard we are working and how happy I am and how well my companion and I are getting along. Really, Sisar Jacobsen is a great missionary. We have just clicked so well and I can feel that we are going to have some incredible work done this transfer. Its amazing because I honestly feel like we have clicked more just in one week than I have in the past months with other situations. We. Work. So. Hard. We literally laugh constantly and I don't think there could be a dull moment!
We have made so many goals and WE ARE ACTUALLY ACCOMPLISHING THEM! It feels so good to be on the same page with the goals we set. We take time to recognize the blessings all around us. Its incredible. I mean, we have one goal to give out 200 copies of the Book of Mormon this change and we are well ahead of getting there. In one day we passed out 8 books before dinner! and we had SO MUCH FUN doing it! I feel like I haven't laughed this much in 

months. We come home tired and exhausted every night, but we push ourselves and everyday the Lord helps us the rise and have full energy to do His work again (right after a nice morning run along the river in this oldest city of Finland) #amidreaming. I am blown away at the blessings that I have just seen in one week.
Also I am studying a Christlike attribute every week this transfer. This week is Faith. In a whole life working on this attribute, I know I will just scratch the surface, but I cant wait to get scratching. 
This ooooollldddd lady in our ward here made us KNITTED SKIRTS!! Best item of clothing I own. We wore them to church on Sunday and matched her. We may or may not looked like knitted models, trust me, it was prime. She is the CUTEST!! Only in Finland. 




Fun fact: It is said that the Finland Helsinki Mission is one of the strictest missions in the world right now. (I keep telling myself that everything happens for a reason no matter the rule...my momma can testify that maybe I have always been a little on the rebellious side when it comes to rules and times...but its good for me-at least I keep telling myself that ;) ). 
Turku is the coolest city. It is the oldest city in Finland and there are such old and beautiful buildings, churches and even a castle!! 
Also everyone feel free to pray that Sisar Jacobsen and I get to stay together for the rest of our missions. 
Sisar Jacobsen is RAD! She is from Florida and wrestled alligators. She grew up on a ranch and has a horse. We have such similar personalites and we just get along soooo well! We laugh constantly.
Wow. This was definitely my longest email ever. Gotta love it!
Also we might be able to run a half marathon here in Finland the end of next transfer because a ward member is doing it and REALLY wants us to do it and wear shirts that promote the church...we have been role playing how we are gonna ask president if we can do it. Its just too perfect not to work out because we both have already ran one before and have a rocking training plan for it. So we are literally praying that our president says yes....EVERYONE PRAY FOR IT!!!
Man, this was just the best week. We did SOOO much work.
Okay now I am really saying bye. You all are great!

Rakkaudella,
Sisar Cardon :)

The oldest castle in Finland, built about 1280.

I just love this place. And my comp. And oatmeal. 








No comments:

Post a Comment