Thursday, April 28, 2016

April 5, 2016 You are never gonna believe this...‏






What a week! First things first thank you everyone for the wonderful birthday wishes, letters, emails, pictures and packages. I am so blessed to have you all as cheerleaders!! I wish I had the time to write you all back mile long emails and thank you notes but I just dont, there is too much work to be done here! Love you all!! s\o to Elder Pärkkä for the sweet Swedish package, to my other half Andria for the BEST Japanese treasure package and BoM, and Kristen for the Jello and party in a bag plus others, Kelly for the literal party explosion and gifts and all the others. You all are the best!!




















So funny funny funny story for you all. (trust me there are about 10 billion more where this came from but I don't have time) Last p-day we took our p-day time to go on a walk with a Finnish senior missionary who is 71 years old. She reeeeally wanted us to come with her to train for the half marathon but we are so busy we had to do it on p-day. When we got with her she showed us the map and informed us, after we had just had in mind that we would be walking a small poriton of the trail, that we would be doing the entire half marathon!! Yes, its true. We walked for over 4 hours, the entire trail. It was splendid, but we SO DID NOT SEE THAT ONE COMING. When we got home that night we had so many blisters and did our nightly planning sitting on our kitchen counter with our feet in ice water. 

We have done so much work this week! (I feel so happy to be able to say that every single week). Its so amazing what a good relationship and healthy companionship can accomplish. I am so grateful for what I have been able to learn from past companions to get to this point. I don't think I have ever felt like I have accomplished this much work in my whole mission. Its amazing. We had a day where we passed out 4 books in the 30 minutes before going inside. This isn't the first time this has happened. We had a goal, we knew we didn't have much time to pass out with the appointments that we had that day, but we brought out 4 books and had the faith that by the time we went home, they wouldn't be in our bags but in the hands of some of Gods waiting children. Its amazing the miracles that happen when we have the faith and the goal of actually accomplishing it. 

My companion and I were definitely close friends in the pre earth life. I feel so blessed and so happy. I didnt think I could feel like this as a missionary. I feel so blessed!

I loved loved LOVED conference this weekend. We really are so blessed to have such amazing servants of God speak to us. One of the many things that stuck out to me this conference was President Dieter F. Uchtdorfs talk in the Sunday morning session. His story about the giant Lutheran church that burned down during the war, was later built back up again, with some pieces of the old remains. This is how our lives are. We have times where we stand tall and strong, and times where things seem to all be fallen down and burned and rubble. But, the important thing to remember is that there is ALWAYS hope. We can always be made tall, beautiful and strong again because of the Atonement of our Savior Jesus Christ. We still have our scars, but they are to remind us of the hard journey that we went on. I am so grateful that even in the hard times, when we have faith in God and love those around us, actaully, when we have Charity for those around us, the highest degree of love, we will be made whole and find true joy. p.s Michelle Lynn you have a conference lookalike Mary R Durham....yes.

I feel so blessed this week. 

Sisar Cardon
 p.s we missed 3 busses one day and we were stranded...
for wayyy tooo long..in the middle of nowhere. so fun!!




No comments:

Post a Comment