Friday, April 29, 2016

April 12, 2016 Kevät tulee!‏ (Spring is coming!)


What a great week! I cannot believe how fast time flies by. I feel like we just came and emailed yesterday. (totally not the first missionary email to ever say that)
Well, that is what happens when you get lost in the work. Thought on that: "getting lost in the work" is really not only forgetting yourself but its being on a spiritual high. When our spirits are lifted and close to God, it is as if taking a step out of time because God is outside of time. It is one of His creations, and coming spiritually close to Him literally is like us taking a step out. I feel that so much as a missionary, but especially this transfer as we have gotten SO lost in the work. 

Setting goals: In complete honesty, I do not think I have ever in my entire life set goals and actually completed them like I have this transfer. With the amount of faith and diligence we are putting into the work here, its as if there is no possible way that the goals we set wont be achieved. The important thing is also that we are not trying by ourselves to reach our goals. We have family, friends, companions, etc. but most of all, we have the Lord and the Holy Spirit. 

A wonderful quote my mom wrote me this past week that I loved hearing was "you can count the number of seeds in a flower, but you cannot count the number of flowers in a seed". I love how this not only applies to missionary work so much, but really all the deeds we do in life. Every act of service has an impact. 
Its been a fabulous week and a week of miracles. :) 

Cool Story: This week we set an insane record...We passed out 12 copies of the Book of Mormon in 2 hours. If anyone told me that would happen just months ago, I proably would have been the "oh ye of little faith". SO FUN REACHING GOALS. 

Sisar Cardon

No comments:

Post a Comment