Friday, June 17, 2016

May 31, 2016 Hyvää Päivää Kaikille!‏ (Good Day Everyone!)

Us with a 10 minute break taking "pinterest pics" - we needed a little break.
It's been another great week. We have been doing a lot of work with our less active members which feels so good. It's a focus we want to have to make sure that all of the people are in constant conversion and remembering the testimonies they had and recognizing the testimonies they DO have. I cannot write the miracles we saw this week with that. We were able to meet a less active family this week, they all ended coming to church on Sunday, and the mother actually wrote us letters because the experience that we had together meeting during the week was quite significant to her. It was amazing. I felt so blessed. We had 6 less actives in church this week!!! 

My companion is so strong and we are working hard. Adjustments make us grow, they stretch us, yes, but make us grow. 

"Sisar Cardonin ajatuksia" for the week :) 
----"There is no life so shattered that it cannot be restored....our Savior, the Good Shephard, knows and loves us-He knows and loves you. He knows when you are lost, and He knows where you are. He knows your grief. Your silent pleadings. Your fears. Your tears. It matters not how you became lost-whether because of your own poor choices or because of circumstances beyond your control. What matters is that you are His child. And He loves you. He loves His children. Because He loves you, He will find you. .. While our loving Father desires that all of His children return to Him, He will force no one to heaven. God will not rescue us against our will. So what must we do? His invitation is simple "turn..to me" "come unto me" "draw near unto me and I will draw near unto you" THis is how we show Him that we want to be rescued" President Dieter F. Uchtdorf  I pondered this a lot this week. We never need to feel like we arent understood or that we are alone. He is always there.

----I have been reading a journal entry everyday from my first half of my mission so by the end I will be half done. I am currently in the MTC. Good days. There was a talk by Elder Holland that I heard there and it is one of my favorite missionary talks. He said this story:
"go to the edge" he said.
"no, we will fall!" They said.
"Go to the Edge." He said
"We cant we will fall!"
"Go. To. The. Edge." He said.
They went to the edge, He pushed them, they flew. 

Heavenly Father knows what we are capable of. He wants us to have success and we will, when we put our trust and faith in him.

----one of my favorite conference talks that I am reading is from the priesthood session by President Uchtdorf. He quotes: "If we look for the imperfections in people, we will surely find them. We all have them. But if we look for the good, we will surely find it, for we all have good in us". This is one of those "self check points" that I had. How much "good" am I looking for in everyone I meet around me? We can always find more.

Last thought I promise----"Q: Why is it so hard? A: It wasnt easy for Christ, why should it be easy for us? I CANT be easy, because it NEVER was easy" This was also Elder Holland. Remember this next time you are in a trial that seems simply Too Hard.

Its been a great week. I am growing so much (luckily not physically outwards as much anymore). Keep smiling and remember that we really can always to better, and to figure out how, study about Christ and we will know in what way to better refine ourselves to come closer to our Heavenly father.

Rakkaudella,
Sisar Cardon

 Finland and Finland and Finland


The District part 5
Our friend Sisar Ylinen who has 34 rodents living in her home.
Yes and she has won rat competitions. I repeat, she has WON rat competitions. 






____________________________________________________
So we have this RM, YSA who rocks! 
and comes with us to lessons all the time...


...and we had a bubble blowing contest on the bus. 

                                                          I won.



No comments:

Post a Comment