Friday, June 17, 2016

June 7, 2016 The Finns sure know how to WOK da WOK‏





We did enough this week to fill up a month I feel like. #missionarylife

"woking"




We had one of our ward members graduate so she is now an yliopplias! We helped with service at her graduation party-quite a big deal here in Finland- and we were put in charge of working the Wok for a bit. Never thought I would be doing that...in Finland. 
This week we shared a lot of spiritual thoughts about prayer. I am so grateful for the example that my father gave of ALWAYS doing family prayer both morning and night and scripture study. Even if he was praying alone, right before leaving to work and everyone in bed, he prayed loud so everyone could hear. Family scripture study at night was never a forced thing, but daddy always invited. He would come ask if our doors could be opened when we were "busy in our rooms" so that we could hear the scriptures. Looking back at my foolishness of not joining every single family scripture study and soaking up the wisdom of prophets as well as of my father, I am so grateful for the constant invitation that we have. Its the same with the Gospel, we are invited to do things that we are promised will bring us more happiness, but never forced. I am so grateful for the examples that I have in my life, especially the simple example from my father, each and everyday without fail.
My INCREDIBLE quilt!!!

On with a rant about my family: I have the BEST Aunt Sandy in the universe! Thank you for the Finland Sisar Cardon mission quilt that you sent. It is simply outstanding. Receiving that this week from the sweet family here in Finland on vacation was the biggest highlight. (picture attached)





So we have this amazing investigator Alexandra--I have talked a lot about her in past emails--but she writes us "missionary apporpriate" versions of the top hits and sings them for us after our lessons. Yes, I love every hair on her head. And, Yes, she does sound like she should be the daughter of Adele. 

Tracting in the rain with our new Ylioppilas!!
(her mission call will come soon!)







Quote of the week by Elder Holland:

"Dont Give up.
Dont you quit.  You keep walking. 
You keep trying.
There is help and happiness ahead...
You keep your chin up. 
It will be ALL right in the end. 
Trust God and believe in good things to come."

I love the part (emphasized by me) of "it will be ALL right" its not "alright" but ALL RIGHT. This is because of Christ. Things will not just be better or work out, but be Right. I love this. It applies to so many people that I love so much.

Keep smiling.

Keep working hard.

Remember your worth!

Sisar Cardon

p.s. we are going to the castle today again for pday. Better believe we will be taking more knight photos. Stay tuned next week.

p.p.s. we explored a church from the 1700s last week. Its incredible. 

p.p.p.s We went tracting this week...walked trough a field and forest (common here in Finland) and got eaten alive by the bugs. By the end of our night I had over 20 bites, one on my right temple which swelled up so I literally looked like Kuazi Motto-no idea how that is spelled--and we may or may not have gotten stinging nettle on our legs...Dont worry, we documented the memories. I spared your the terrifying pictures though. Don't worry, all is well here in the Turku Finland :)

We explored this church from the 1700s last week. 

It's incredible!!! 







Here is a good scripture I want to share with you this week:


John 16. 33 will you all please read it?? Thanks. love you. Keep in real over there in America. 
                                                                                              -Sisar Cardon teidän siskonne

 These things I have spoken unto you, 
                                          that in me ye might have peace
                     In the world ye shall have tribulation
                       but be of good cheer;  
                 I have overcome the world.  
                              John 16:33



1. 
2. tracting in the rain with our new Ylioppilas!! (her mission call will come soon!)
3. 

No comments:

Post a Comment