Friday, June 17, 2016

June 14, 2016 Moikka!! (Hello !!)

The pyramid was at the youth conference...
we did it once and then learned from that..
repented..
and didnt do it again.
This week was so neat with the Youth of Finland! Sisar Toomey and I were asked to hold a missionary class for the youth conference that was for all the youth in Finland! People had literally come all the way from the Arctic Line down here to Turku for this! It really was a blast to be with them. I fell like I am still one of them, I am in so many ways, but it was so nice to connect with them and build one another up. The Youth in the church here in Finland are truly elect. We played jeopardy. If anyone told me that Missionary jeopardy was that fun before my mission I would have laughed...maybe it was just fun to us..haha 

We are being taught to knit by an 80 year old Finn lady in the ward. She is the one who knitted me a skirt. Yes, absolutely, I am not a kitting prodigy. 

Bishop in our ward, who played lacrosse for Finlands national team gave me a gift... A FINNISH LACROSSE STICK MADE BY HIS OWN HANDS OUT OF WOOD. Yes, and I definitely freaked out.

Fun fact: I havent seen the sun go down in weeks. Seems like it just goes around in circles in the sky. Quite different, quite fun.

This week I was reading in Enos. In verse 3, Enos says, 
"Behold, I went to hunt beasts in the forests and the words which I had OFTEN heard my father speak concerning eternal life and the joy of salvation sand keep in my heart.." 
And I thought about how much we learn from our parents. How the counsel that they provide and how that blesses us in our own time. I am so grateful for my parents and the teachers in my life who have provide me to have my own "personal forest experiences" like Enos did, because of the faithfulness of one influencing him. 

What a blessing it is to be representing Jesus Christ here in Finland to these absolutely incredible people. I know this is the true church of Jesus Christ restored again on the earth. I am grateful to do this work among my sweet companions.

Sisar Cardon

p.s. B-day shout out to Colby and Momma :)

Finland..and tracting walks :)














For p-day activity we had Sisar Toomey and I, one of our investigators, a YSA member, a recent convert family in our ward, the American Stimpson couple and a potential all come.








 

 You better believe it was a blast....in a castle from the 1200s. Yes.



No comments:

Post a Comment