Friday, October 9, 2015

Sisar Valerie Cardon with Sister Faye Wade, both from Bountiful!

Sisar Cardon and Sisar Wade at Interim Training this past week at the Mission Home.
Sister Faye Wade is also from Bountiful. She and their family accompanied her husband as the Mission President in Finland in the 1970's. He has since passed away, and Sister Wade is serving in the Mission Office, and occasionally helping with the meals when groups come for training. Valerie attended Sister Wade's mission farewell last summer.

Sister Wade said of Valerie:
This week, she is at Interim Training where all of her group who arrived in September have come to the Mission Home for some training along with their trainers.  My companion and I were able to help with some of the meals, so I got to see your adorable daughter!!  She is doing so well and progressing well.  It's always hard at first because you want to be able to speak Finnish right away, which just doesn't happen for anyone.  It is such a difficult language and I never did get so I could speak fluently.  I know words, but putting it all together in conversation is a whole different level.  The missionaries do such a good job and come well prepared after nine weeks at the MTC. 

 Note: as a missionary mom, this kind of email is very much appreciated! I have read it and looked at it several times today!

No comments:

Post a Comment