Thursday, December 17, 2015

December 1, 2015 Happy Thanksgiving

So...Thanksgiving is an American holiday...not a Finnish holiday...did we celebrate? I think YES!! Jessica (my fellow American friend who is from Utah and married a Finn and is like my best friend here in Vaasa) put together a Thanksgiving dinner and it was our investigators and the YSA of the ward and the Elders. Sheesh it was probably the most fun holiday one could have as a missionary. We all brought part of the meal--Sisar Albiston and I brought stuffing and apple pie (we may or may not have eaten practically a whole pan of stuffing before the actual meal), the Elders made sweet potatoes and "accidently" tripled the sugar while leaving the potatoes at normal amount...yes, it was still a hit and Dorcas (our investigator who is getting baptized on this Thursday) made the most delicious cheese cake one could ever eat! Everyone else brought more food, but I just cant remember what it was because now my mind is consumed by the idea of that cheesecake and the ridiculous food coma I went into after our meal. Long story longer, it was one of the funnest nights as a missionary. 
Just a few of us on the far end of the ping pong table

Sisar Albiston and I eating chocolate angels :)

No comments:

Post a Comment