Monday, December 28, 2015

December 22, 2015 HYVÄÄ JOULUA!!‏

Hmm...lets see if I can sum up everything in 5 minutes...wellllll:
-We had a really run night this week going to a dinner place for Christmas. Its was all traditional Finnish food with a whole lot of fish and very delicious. So I was eating this really weird sourish pudding fluff (I really have no idea what it was) and then I found out after couple bites that it was fish eggs and for some reason that was a little too much for me and I couldnt eat anymore of that. We had so much fun with the members who took us there! 
-We have done a lot of caroling this week. Caroling is such a good way to share Christs love and the Spirit of this season. A few of the people we have gone to were literally moved to tears. So precious.
-Crazy things about Finland...well the sun sets around like 2 everyday and when it is up in the sky its just on the horizon so its like the sunset...its quite beautiful and I actaully love it! I don't think I would mind all that much to have it like this always--but who knows, maybe that is just because I have only been here in the dark season. Oh also, yesterday was the "darkest day of the year" so now its starting everyday to get lighter. That will be a change!
-CHRISTMAS!!! "For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be on his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, counsellor, The Mighty God, the Everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace." I read this scripture this morning and pondered for a little while. Christmas isn't just about Christ's birth, but His life. Through His life we learn about Him and through our lives we find out what "name" he has for us personally.  Christ has many different "names", perhaps Hope, Love, Friend, Brother, Comforter, Savior, etc. This Christmas I hope we come closer to Him to find more names that he has that help us to know Him better.

(the middle top is the fish egg fluff...fooled me!)

No comments:

Post a Comment