Monday, July 18, 2016

July 12, 2016 Where does the time go?

I LOVE TURKU
This week was full of a lot of memories and great people. 

We sang in church this week...that was terrifying. But good, and a memory :)

The BYU Synthesis jazz band was here in Turku. They played at our church and are incredibly talented! The Finns LOVED it! we were using it as a contact approach on the street for the past couple weeks. It was so cool because an hour before the performance, we were contacting our way there and met this old Finnish man who was so excited about this musical performance. He dropped his plans and CAME! We had multiple investigators there and a few people that we met on the street there! I am amazed at how, through music, we can be brought together and feel more of Gods love. Another man we met because of this came to church on Sunday. Miracles of missionary work. Thank you BYU ;)

BLuEBerRY SeAsON. There are so many blueberries covering the forest ground I feel like I am in some sort of heaven. Picture this: A walk with our dearest Saara, picking wild blueberries, along a number of little lakes in the forrest...in the pouring rain. (dont worry, I have pictures attached so you dont need to work your brain too much). Its amazing how being in the beauty that God has made for us, talking about good things, with good people, will make such good memories.
(If anyone knows how to turn a picture on a blog - let me know...    -Valerie's Mom)

One quote that I heard from a good friend of mine this week was "love people enough to ask them to change". I know when we truly love God, we change to be better in line with His will. I know when we truly love people, we want this kind of happiness, happiness that comes from change. This life is full of small and big changes that we make, and these are good for us. They are to help us grow. 

Rakkaudella, Sisar Cardon
This is what the houses in Finland are like...yes. I know. 






Picking our blueberries :)




-Pday ship lunch with our favorite Persians!
(yes, I know Sara looks like a Kardashian)​
 




No comments:

Post a Comment