Tuesday, July 26, 2016

July 26, 2016 ESPOO!!

Tervetuloa Espooseen Sisar Cardon!  

It's been an incredibly busy but great week. I think the second that I got off the train, we were runnin'...and we haven't quite stopped runnin'. It's oh so good though. I feel like there is ALWAYS something to do now, and always someone we need to meet with, call, serve, ya know...the missionary stuff. 
Espoo is really beautiful. It's an extremely "wealthy area" where we live...apparently the President of Finland has one of his houses in our area? Yes. That is my next goal. Teach the President of Finland. He would surely make church attendance increase. 


My new companion is Sisar McAllister. She is a BLAST!! Wow. It reminds me of the glory days with Sisar Jacobsen. She is from Colorado Springs, sings like an absolute ANGEL (literally its her reputation in the ward, the angel singer, and it's well-deserved) and I dont think we can go more than 10 minutes without laughing at SOMETHING...well, we are forced to during lessons...but its sometimes not easy. :) This is her last transfer of her mission and we are going out hard.

We got to go pick up the new missionaries from the airport this week. It made me feel like I was just getting to the country all over again. They are all on fire with a spirit of missionary work and it was amazing to see. I loved hearing the "MTC Finnish" :) they all spoke so well! President gave us a tour of Helsinki (breathtaking pictures attached)






Finlands Temple is IN OUR AREA!! We actually run by it everyday. Angel Moroni is definitely cheering me on "keep on runnin Sisar Cardon! You almost made it to breakfast!!"

  

We got a new investigator this week. He is outstanding. I swear he teaches us. As we were discussing about the plan of salvation. One thing I learned from him was when he made the comment "Asking questions is good, it means that I am ready to learn more that God has for me". It's so true. Having questions shows us that we have the desire to progress. Heavenly Father will fill that desire with knowledge and a yearning for more growth. I see that with this particular man. He is progressing VERY well :)

Keep smiling and keep praying for us missionaries! We feel and see the blessings of your prayers.

Rakkaudellani,
Sisar Cardon




No comments:

Post a Comment