Monday, July 18, 2016

July 18, 2016 Change Calls, and JELLO Parties!!


We got change calls and I will be going to Espoo! Very exciting. 
This will be a HUGE change. 

Saying goodbye to areas is probably the hardest thing to do as a missionary. I always cry so much leaving the investigators and members. We have had so much fun here. I have been able to see so many people change their lives. People here in Turku have changed my life. 

 We had an American jello party with the Hyssälä family #2ndfamily (special thank you to Kristen and Averyl for the birthday jello!) 


Valerie wrote a personal letter to me with more information about her transfer. Here are some of the highlights: 

Heippa Hei (Bye Bye)
  • She will be a Sister Training Leader (STL) along with her new companion. There are three sets of STL's in the mission. Her area is the largest, serving six sets of sister missionaries. 
  • She is serving in President Watson's ward. Espoo is near Helsinki and it's where the mission headquarters are located, as well as the Finnish Temple. 
  •  She and her companion will help the six sets of sister missionaries regularly. They will be traveling "all the time" 
  • "... I'm terrified!"  "I'm literally so scared."  (direct quotes)
  •  "I feel really god about it in some ways." (also a direct quote)
    • If you know Valerie, you know she will give it all she's got. She will listen and help the sisters to the best of her abilities and it will be enough. She'll grow as she helps the other missionaries grow. I'm excited to watch her continue to become what God wants her to become.                                 -Valerie's mom




No comments:

Post a Comment