Monday, July 18, 2016

July 5, 2016 Hyvää Syntymäpäivää Amerikka!! Happy Birthday America !!


Grateful to be an American, but I do take full appreciation for the 25% Finnish in my blood. You better believe that we celebrated well yesterday, I may or may not have drawn a Finnish flag on some part of my body (hidden of course) and we definitely sang the national anthem multiple times. I dont think there could be a better mix, Finland and America :) 

We met with the SWEETEST 90ish year old lady this week. We met her a few weeks back in the pouring rain on the street when we picked up my sweater after I hadnt noticed it dropped, finally got contact at her home, she let us in and we are teaching her! She is simply a sweetheart and after 90 years, she is so ready to hear the Gospel!







I think in honor of the Fourth of July, God led us to meet two Americans from New York this week! We met them through one of out investigators, they had a little different view of what LDS members are, but we cleared that up real nice and I have a very good feeling that it wasnt just a coincience they were here for a a few days and met "real mormons" haha. It's amazing the little "coincidences" that Heavenly Father has in store for us.
Sisar Merenluoto running!!




Sisar Merenluoto ran the half marathon!! She did great. Man, definitely the strongest 74 year old lady I know. Even though I wasnt able to run it with her THIS TIME, we had a lot of fun cheering her on very loudly, jumping up and down, in a crowd of very quiet Finns :)






One of our newly activated members bore his testimony in church this Sunday for the first time in many years. One thing that really touched me was when he talked about "I knew it was true the whole time in the back of my mind". 
Ilmaista Jäätelöä - Free Ice Cream!

FuN BleSsinG oF thE weEk:
This random sales guy came up to us and gave us free ice cream. We were walking home with a YSA after a lesson turned out to me a "noshow" I am fully convinced that it is because God was just giving us a little pat on the back saying "dont worry, next time...here is a little ice cream to make ya feel better"...and because Oona, the YSA, is a total babe. 


Quote from our "athiest" investigator: "I think believing in God is like believing in love...you cant explain or see love, but it exists". WHAAA?! I love her. 

Great week

Keep on keepin on!

Sisar Cardon



(I cut Sisar Toomeys hair...dont know why the heck she trusted me with that..dont worry, all went well...for the most part.)



 We painted rocks with Saara for the Fouth of July. I ADORE HER!















No comments:

Post a Comment