Thursday, August 27, 2015

Finland Here I Come !!!!




Our filght plans ROCK!! First we don't have to leave early at all (looks like that waking up at 3:30 am and heading to Salt Lake Airport was just a one time thing for LA hallelujah!) We leave the MTC at 8:00 am Monday, August 31st then our first flight is from Salt Lake to Chicago at 1:20 so we will get to Chicago about 5:30--Chicago time--then we have our next flight straight from Chicago to Helsinki at 10:00pm arriving in Finland at 2:30 pm (so all night flight and I can sleep!!) I feel like they are literally the best travel plans that I could have! #solucky. Our branch president said that we should hope for a seat on the left side of the plane because we might be able to see the northern lights that plane ride!! I am soooo stoked. They are on an 11 year cycle and we are at the perfect time. Just coming off the peak, so i am keeping my fingers crossed!!

This week has been good and we have had some fun! Last Sunday I actually sang a solo in sacrament meeting. It was a rendition of "I Stand All Amazed" and it went quite well! I have never done anything like that before but a lot of people claimed that they liked it and I actually felt the spirit while doing it instead of shaking like a dog so that was great. I think that music is one of the most important things and biggest blessings that we can have in this life. Now, sometimes at night after we plan some of us get together and sing and harmonize together and it is just a blast!! I wish we could do that all day! 

It rained this week a couple times and it was so beautiful! The Noverek and I took a 20 minute break and played in the rain on Tuesday and it was just plain old fun. There was a moment playing in that rain that my smile was so big I thought that my cheeks might burst and I was just so happy and content to be on a mission. I am just so blessed. 

I can't belive that in just a few days I will be in Finland!!! I honestly can't wait to hug a Finn. I love you all so much and hope all is well. Just remember when you are having a hard time, or even a great time, to sing and play in the rain. It makes everything better than it is--even if its already the best. 

Rakkaudella, 
Sisar Cardon

Featuring "oreos for eyes" and us trying our best to get a picture but...ya.

This beautiful view was one of the 'tender mercies' that God gave us here at the MTC.
(p.s side note for the fam. Dont you think that Gordon Nover--
in the floral dress-- looks like aunt Sheree??)

*you know you are best friends when you see each other in
the MTC and everyone around you hears you freak out.

MY FLIGHT PLANS!!!

 Elder Cole who left for Taiwan this past Tuesday.



No comments:

Post a Comment