Wednesday, August 19, 2015

Fun stories for week #3 (7/23/15)

Quick update first: Sisar Carter (my comp the past 2 weeks) is being reassigned until her visa comes to good ol' Orem, Utah. She has a champion attitude about it though. I'm gonna miss having a companion. It'll just be the Vanhinmat and I like old times. Finnish is coming, slowly but surely. Its funny, there are a few words (simple words) that actually come out in finnish before english when I am speaking so that is funny. Gotta love SYL (speak your language).

Lots of fun stories for you this week. 

1) I got to host Sisar Millet!! It is so fun to be with her here. It makes it so much happier for me to know that one of my best friends is here. Lew, you better show up soon ;) hahah so how I was able to score hosting Andria is, I waited right out by the entrance for a solid hour and just said hello to incoming missionaires and helped them with their bags but when I saw that suburban coming in and a bunch of waiving hands you better believe that I was jumping up and down sprinting towards that car. It was so happy. I saw Nicoles brand new baby and she is absolutely beautiful!!!

2) I got a couple packages this week from my 2 familes. Mom thanks for the banana bread (I think I gained 5 pounds from it but every bite was soooo worth it and my residence loves your baking too) and Lewis family thanks for the 10 pounds of candy--you know me too well.

3) apparently when you are a missionary everyone wants to marry you off to their friend...I've had like 3 people give me their friends emails and say "please write him, you'll totally get married!!" Such a special time. Not for another 18 months homies!!

4) So missions are big changes in your life and this week Sisar Carter and I just added to that change and dyed our eyebrows. Apparently she does it all the time but I have never so I just ventured out....I look like a hooligan. They are so dark and I honestly am so embarrassed but WHATEVER it doesn't matter! We took funny picutres of us with the dye on them....we look like total creepies!! I love life here.

5) So earlier this week I enter the MTC restroom and very much to my surprise there is written on the mirror "Why So Serious?!?" in red...random...and weird...and creepy but whatever because its the MTC and weird things happen all the time. Anyway so moments later I come to find that right on the toilite paper dispenser it says the same thing...carved into the metal..."why so serious?" which is so ironic because I was totally laughing. After I looked a little bit closer I saw another carving of "I love the MTC" (obviously some weirdo who was only here for 10 days) and then I look harder and see tally marks...as if they had been locked in that stall for 9 days straight. What a great group that have shared their feelings in that bathroom stall. God bless them.

6) My favorite story of all...So on Sunday after our evening devotional there is a huge group of missionaries walking back to our residences. I am just studying my flashcards minding my own business and then an Elder taps my arm and says "Sister, you dropped your flash card" and hands me a card...in the 2 seconds that I took the card, still chanting a Finnish flash card phrase, I notice its not my card and he is already ahead of my group...dont worry, the card said Elder Cahoon with a heart-eyes-smiley-face and on the back had his email. SO FUNNY!!! I just yelled back to him "exact obedience elder!" and laughed.

Over all this has been a fun week full of memories and testimony builders. On Tuesday we had a speaker who talked about how to make them most of your mission and be your happiest and that  was such a great thing for me to hear. I can already see how wonderful the mission is even with the daily struggles and stresses that it brings. I have made so many friends already who will definitely be life long--for example, Sisar Duffy who is going to the Baltic mission and I are going to run a half marathon when we get home and then work to doing a full. We run several times a week together here at the MTC and it is a highlight of my day. She is a blessing! The mission is such a rollercoaster or emotions and spiritual experiences but I can already say that I wouldnt change my being here.

Love you all so much! I pray for you all everyday and hope you can feel God's love for you. 

Moi Moi

Sisar Cardon 



No comments:

Post a Comment