Thursday, August 20, 2015

Good ol' fun week‏

Just so you all know: my mother has started a blog for me ---valeriecardon.blogspot.com---and so if you want to read emails and see pictures feel free to go to that from now on so you don't have to get annoying missionary emails every week. (if you really do want to keep getting these then let me know and I will keep you on the weekly email list).

ANYWAY, happy valmistautamis päivänä (preperation day)!!! I am excited today because tomorrow I will get my flight plans for Finland and then in 11 days I will actually be there! Weird that I've been on my mission almost 2 months and haven't even gone to Finland yet. MTC has been fun and all but I am so ready to get my Finn on!

Nashville Tribute Band came this past Sunday. It was unbelieivealby fun! I sang in the choir of 1,000 missionaires as back-up for the songs "I Was Born" and "John's Song". (I think I found a little bit of inner Baptist in me when we were singing John's song...SO FUN). I litereally havenet had so much fun singing in a choir before.

Note from Val's mom-
To see/hear the Nashville Tribute Band, follow theses links:
I Was Born:    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DZ1iw1w02JE&list=RDDZ1iw1w02JE#t=9
John's Song: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oAWUc-mgHUw&list=PLFQkaaxIPmP6yMialpMxW2SN_AUzYnuWu

Our Fort: So, after a long and stressful day, the Noverek (Hungarian sisters) and I decided to make a fort. Yes. We transformed our room into a world-class fort with brownies to eat inside. Don't worry, we cleaned up our mess, Mom. ;)

Michelle's Wedding: Well my sister is now a voimo (wife) and I LOVE the pictures. I died when I saw how beautiful in the dress you and mom made. Not fair, give us some of that beauty. Also, BIGGEST SHOUT OUT TO MY MOM for the wedding package. So I get a package delivery and it turns out to be this gigantic box. We don't open mail until after we go back to the residence for the night at 9:30 so the anticiation was killing me. When I opened it I found breathtaking pictures of the newly-weds, beautiful dining supplies--table cloth included--with bubbles from the wedding and a gigantic piece from Michelle's wedding cake. I literally was tearing up it was the sweetest thing. So, now I can say that I attended the wedding with all my Noverek. How did I get so blessed with my mother?

This was a week of hard work and good ol' fun. We dressed up, built forts, attended a wedding and took wayyy to many pictures doing it all. 

Life is good, church is true, love you all and I love being a missionary!



No comments:

Post a Comment