Wednesday, August 19, 2015

Surprise! (7/30/15)

So we started this past week off with a bang because it was Vanhin Hatch's birthday. We blindfolded him with a tie and then had a whole party set up. Such a special day. He actually said that it was one of his favorite birthdays so that either means that he has had some pretty lame brithdays or we are really good at throwing MTC parties. 

Sisar Carter is now in Finland and I am sure she is loving it! I'll be able to join her in one month and I'm crossing fingers that we can be companions again. Also, the Hungarians leave on monday so for 3 days I will literally be the only Sisar in our whole zone. What a nice 1/30 ratio...and SURPRISE I am called to be the zone sister training leader...by default. hahaha so funny. Relief society will be so fun!

Had a really cool experience this week that I want to share. So 2 weeks ago a group of Armenian Elders came in and there was one elder in particular who was having a VERY difficult time adjusting. He was experiencing a lot of panic attacks and was just barely hanging in there. I totally knew exactly what he was feeling so I went out of my way everyday to chat with him and see how he was doing. This went on about a week and a half until one day I hear him "Sisar Cardon, I have to tell you something right now!!" and I see him hurrying to me with a huge smile on his face (this had never happened before). He continued to excitedly tell me something that had happened to him that morning. He said:
 "I love space. Space is so fascinating because its something that is infinite and is a never-ending field of learning, right? Well, now I am a changed man. I can finally see it! We, as mssionaries, are blessing people and changing lives INFINITELY, just like space. Sisar Cardon, I am going to bless someone and that is going to start a chain reaction. That chain reaction is like a burst of matter in space that creates an infinite amount of stars--blessings that start their own galaxies and the reaction never stops! NO ONE can stop me now because I am going supernova!!!" 
(by this point he is so excited and his arms are literally up in the air and he has the biggest smile on his face.) Seeing his change in countenance, boost in attitude, and hope brought tears to my eyes. I witnessed something so beautiful in that moment. This Elder Batson, who had wanted so badly to go home and couldn't make it through a full block of class without having an anxiety attack, had changed in an instant. Its funny that he might say that I helped him in some way, in all reality, he helped me. I want to be like Elder Batson someday. I want to go 'super-nova' right along with him. This experience is once in a lifetime and its hard..but, worthwhile things are hard. How lucky am I to have this opportunity to learn so much.

Anyway, now time for a funny fact. My roommate Giullian Nover, who is going to Hungary, randomly asked me last night as I was grabbing my toothbrush, "Sisar Cardon, I am bored. Can I brush your teeth for you?" what the heck?! I just started laughing but she was serious. Let me just say its kinda weird when someone else brushes your teeth...I love the people you get to know on your mission.

So another week down in the MTC and I've hit my half way mark. WAHOO!! Peace and blessings to you all. I wish you the best :) 

Moi Moi

Sisar Cardon
Elder Hatch's Birthday
!



No comments:

Post a Comment