Wednesday, August 19, 2015

Finnish Consulate (7/16/15)

Weird how fast weeks go but how slow the days are here on the mission...one day I might get the hang of it. 

So this week we got to go to L.A. because we needed to go to the Finnish consulate for our visas. It was so nice to have a break form the MTC (even though i've literally only been here for 2 weeks). We woke up at 3:30, went to the airport, flew to California and literally were there for like a solid 2 hours and then flew home. Regardless of the short amount of time, it was so fun! On the flight back I sat by this couple who have been living in China for the past year teaching english. They were awesome and I was lucky to hear all their stories (even though it was literally nonstop talking for the whole plane ride). Also so weird because on the flight there I saw Garett Peck one my my super good friends from USU. What are the odds we are on the same flight to L.A.??? We ate outside of the MTC this week #picturedbelow (sad how exciting that was...) It was airport food but we made the most of it. Oh and we met BYU's Vocal Point on the flight home...that was cool.

This Finnish language will be the death of me...I'll be honest. Its ridiculously hard but I just keep reminding myself that "God is fluent" and he is on my side. --S/O to mom for the quote

Sorry for the brief email...time goes fast on P-day. Rakastan Sinua!!

Moi Moi

Sisar Cardon




No comments:

Post a Comment