Monday, August 31, 2015

Last Days in the MTC


The Hungarian Noverek and the lone sisar. We will miss each other!
​Its been such a wonderful last few days at the MTC. We taught our last "investigator" who is just our teacher and we had ONE goal the whole time and that was to make her cry, we accomplished that goal...well, kinda. She actually had a coughing attack and her eyes watered from that but It counts right? 

Saying goodbye to our teachers was really hard and sad but still happy. One of our teachers, Sisar Egan, had been one of the biggest helps to me. She has blessed me so much more than just simply teaching me the language. I look up to her so much. Before she left she brought us all together and shared something with us. She said that before we came in she was looking at all our pictures and praying about us and she said that she got such an overwhelming feeling that this district--our district--was so prepared. She said that she has never had a district that has worked as hard and together as well as us. She said "I know I shouldn't say this, but you all have blown me away even when my expectations were already set high." It was such a special thing to hear. I look up to her and received so much peace from the words she said. 

I have honestly loved my time here in the MTC and there are some days that I really just don't want to leave. I have learned so much here about myself, this gospel, the Finnish language and our purpose here on earth. A lot of people complain about the food, I agree sometimes there are things about it that arent the healthiest or yummiest, but its such blessing and I don't have anythin to complain about except that its all you can eat and that definitely tested my self control sometimes with that chocolate cake...

Also, the Vanhimmat tried to surpise me with a going away party thanking me for being the 'district mom' and throwing all the birthday parties. They bought be gifts (poprocks because "I rock", starbursts because "I am a star" , a Lauluja (Finnish hymn book) and--because I always get confused about the scripture stories and am trying to hard to learn more--Vanhin Armond bought me a Book of Mormon Stories book. It melted my heart that they all went to such an extent to do this for me. They bought chips and salsa and donuts--obviously wanting me to gain even more weight--but it just meant so much to me. I am so blessed with my district and I would take being a Solo Sisar any day to be with them more. 

I have loved all that I've learned and I cant wait for all that is in store for me and the opportunity to hug a Finn finally!!! Love you all and I'll email next when I am SUOMESSA (in Finland)

No comments:

Post a Comment