Wednesday, August 19, 2015

If you can make it THROUGH Sunday you'll be fine... (7/9/15)

Terve!!

So, first week=CONQUERED. Before I came into the MTC everyone told me if I could make it to Sunday, I'd be okay...well my adjustment to that statement would be "if you can make it THROUGH Sunday, you'll be fine". The first few days were a lot harder than anticipated, but they are over and now its a new day. I think one thing that made it so hard was the fact that I am a 'Solo Sisar' which means that I am the only new sister in my district. So yes, I do have companions but they are going to Hungary and have been here for a month and the only times we see one another are at meals and residence. But all the Vanhinmet (elders) in my district are rockin' awesome! We all have so much fun. It was overwhelming the first few days because our teachers only spoke Finnish to us and two of the Elders have been speaking Finnish for years and years and the rest all are fluent in other languages and were understanding the lessons the teachers were giving but my mind was literally just being blown out the roof. Although, I am staring to get the hang of things now and the elders are really good and helping me out...some a little too good...I stay away from those ones..Its kinda funny because the rules for solo sisters is that you have to be with at least one companionship of elders at all time but usually we just all walk together (picture one sisar surrounded by 8 elders walking everywhere together) so I totally feel everyone silently judging me...hahaha whatever.

Every day goes like this:
Wake up..eat...sit in class for 4 hours...eat...sit in class for 3.5 hours...gym...eat....sit in class for 4 hours...companion planning...sleep...repeat. It'll be nice to be out in the field so I am not just eating and sitting all day because it makes it hard not to become obese when you're doing that #worstfear. My favorite times of the day are definitely gym and bedtime.

Because my MTC date got moved up we overlapped a few days with the district going to Finland before us. One of the Sisars before me, Sisar Carter, is still here right now because they lost her visa so they're trying to get that worked out but I am just savoring every minute of her being here because it means that I have a companion with me all the time and I honestly love her so so so much. She is a blessing to everyone around her. I am secretly hoping her visa never comes so we can just always be companions but I am pretty sure it will be here the next couple days. Also, fun fact!! Us Finns get to fly to California for a day next week because we have to go to the Finnish Consulate for our visas so that'll be SUCH A NICE BREAK!! Apparently after we finish up at the consulate we have the rest of the day to do whatever we want so we are brainstorming up ideas to make this trip a day to remember.

It was Vanhim Armond's (our district leader's) birthday yesterday and I felt the responsibility (cause #onlygirlindistrict) to make that fun so after dinner some of the elders and I hurried early to the classroom and decorated and put on fake mustaches and surprised him with a little party. It was honestly the most fun I've had at the MTC thus far. 

Daddy, I know you keep asking about the food...in every single letter...so let me tell ya, it's really not as bad as I thought. I really like the salads and eat one for almost ever meal but every once in a while I venture off and try something new. I will tell you that I KNOW  I am going to love Sundays and Wednesdays because they have BYU creamery ice cream and I just consider it my prize for making it through the day.

My companions aren't running fans...so the other day we all went outside to play volleyball and because I am not allowed to run by myself or break away from them and go with other sisters when outside, I literally ran circles around the court while everyone played then joined them after. It was funny. and kinda awkward..

Anyway, Finnish is coming, slowly but surely. I find myself laying in bed at night and it takes me forever to fall asleep because I can't stop practicing my vocab in my head or practicing phrases, which I guess is a good thing but also I need to sleep! Its crazy how much I've learned in one week. 

Love you all so much and know that I am praying for all of you! Feel free to send me addresses because I've found I have more time to write letters so I'll probably do that more my Pdays in the MTC since I only have an hour on the computer. Hope all is well!! Rakastaan Sinua!!

Moi Moi
Sisar Cardon

No comments:

Post a Comment