Tuesday, January 17, 2017

August 16, 2016 Wise Finns


Finland fun fact:


Bedrock covers most of the land of Finland. The Finns do not drill it away, but rather build on it. (very respectful of the land and how it "wants" to be and was created) The Finland temple is literally built on a gigantic rock. Houses are all built on rocks. They are everywhere. I read this morning Luke 6:48-49 and thought "The wise Finn built his house upon
a rock". 
Finland skies will forever have my heart




On our second exchange this week I was with cute sister Hyde. We not only wore the same outfit (swore I would never do that but...) but we saw a little chalkboard at the door for "messages" and so we wrote our contact info, that God loves them and has a message for them, and left our card. Now they have something fun come to:)















Sister McAllister took a stalker picture of one of the
sisters and I on exchanges. Mom, I bet this makes you
happy to see what I actually do! 

We have a new ward mission leader. He is SO rad.
He had us over for our first meeting and made us
and the AP's a huge meal of Spanish,
Finnish and Greek food.... 

...Yeah, Brandon I bet you would be so jealous of that 16lb hog leg that had been hung in the smoke house for a year that we cut from to eat. Wow. I felt so cultured...and grossed out by the hog hoof less than a foot from me on the table. 


No comments:

Post a Comment