Saturday, January 21, 2017

October 4, 2016 Lappeenrannassa! (Lappeenranta, Finland!)

Huomenta!!  
(Good Morning!)

We had a Finnish language hour and
Sis Carter and I taught pronunciation

...we love our star students!
We are out here in Lappeenranta right now and it's a nice windy morning. These sisters are doing well and seem healthy and strong. It was a surprise exchange we had not been planning for and it resulted in us spending P-day out right next to the Russian boarder! WhAT?!
 
I have such awesome companions. Where would I be without them? Well...we were sprinting to our train yesterday because I thought it was a different platform...so in a literal sense I would probably be in Russia right now without them.

A few of my thoughts from conference:

Firstly, how incredible it is that we have a living prophet. President Thomas S. Monson, called of God to lead us and guide us in this day. I felt power and peace hearing the words that Heavenly Father has for us specifically in this war of a world. I know that he is chosen specifically for now and I am grateful for his testimony.

Secondly, "ye lift me, and I´ll lift thee and we´ll ascend together" is such a simple phrase that was used, but so powerful. We have the blessing and opportunity in this life to lift those here with us. One way of lifting others is to share the truths that we learn from conference. Life someone that is close to you, could be close to you, or isnt close at all. We are all children of God. Our joy will be great as we ascend with our fellow brothers and sisters.

Thirdly, we need to be bold in our testimonies and teaching of Christ, as Bonnie L Oscarson shared. Just in giving her talk she was a great example of what she was teaching. There are truths of the gospel that we must stand up for in a world of changing morals and values. The important thing to remember is that boldness is not overbearance when companioned with charity and love.

I am excited to apply what the Spirit taught to me personal in my missionary work and life.

Sisar Cardon

The Finland leaves are perfect
...find the missionaries in them!

 

  
Sisar Cater and I making calls on the teeter-totter
...Apparently it looked really funny to sister Norman

My outfit....yes I rocked the tights AND velcro shoes.




Me leading Progressive Relaxation Routine this morning
...we love these things! didnt know I could have such a
soothing voice to put all three to sleep.
 Spiritual gift? Perhaps, yes.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment