Sunday, January 22, 2017

December 6, 2016 Hyvää Itsenäisyyspäivää!! (Happy Independence Day!!)


(apparently even the Google page is  a Finnish flag!) 

A week full of meetings and miracles. 


We were 3 days at the Watsons home for conferences, meetings and MLC. I am amazed at how much more there still is for me to learn!

Jared Ongere was baptized on Saturday!! It was a wonderful baptism. He is from Kenya and Sister McAllister and I taught him when I first came to Espoo, then he moved to Kenya for a month, but when he came back he moved to a different area (not our area) in Espoo and was taught and now is a MEMBER! We had the privilege of going to his baptism. What an outstanding man. He has such incredibly strong faith.

QUOTE OF THE WEEK:

So we have some new investigators, a mom and two kids, and we asked them each "do you believe in Jesus Christ?" the response from the 6 year old boy resulted like this:

"Veli Rooni, do you believe in Jesus Christ?" minä (Me)

"yes, of course" poika (Boy)

"why do you believe in Him?" minä (Me)

"because he made FINLAND" poika. (Boy)


I couldnt have said it better myself.

And of course today is Finland's Independence Day and all of the country is celebrating! I am so blessed to me in the land of my heritage and the land I have always loved.

Doing the most important work.

Rakkaudellani,

Sisar Cardon

No comments:

Post a Comment