Sunday, January 22, 2017

November 21, 2016 My last transfer call....

Exciting news! I am staying in Espoo! I love it here and feel blessed with how busy we are and never stop going! Sisar Burden is coming to serve with me and it's just about a dream come true because on exchanges we would daydream about how we would one day serve together and just speak Finnish all day long...the days has almost come. 

I just about died when Sisar Norman, my baby, got called to VAASA!!! MY HOME!!! I served there for my first 6 months!!! That ward is gonna love her just right this Christmas season! 

Poor Sisar Carter was called to Nephi, Utah...a little too far for my liking. Luckily we will reunite soon.

In the book of Isaiah we read about all the wickedness and destruction that happens because of poorly used agency. I pondered a repeated line this week "for all this his anger is not turned away, but his hand is stretched out still" 2 Nephi. Of course the Lord is sad when we make poor choices, but aren't we so lucky that He never pulls in his hand? He is always patiently waiting for us to turn to Him, to grab hold to his outstretched hand. This gave me comfort.

Happy Thanksgiving!! 

This year I am thankful for:


My loving companions who have and will stay with me 24/7 (is it because its a rule or we just love each other so much...you tell me).
My sweet family back home that is eating my portion of Thanksgiving turkey for me:).
My dog sininen. (Blue)
Finnish saunas that smell rich of burning wood everywhere we walk.
The people that smile at us when we talk to them.
The people who listen to us say the church name and say "good day".
The people that hear our message and invite the Savior more into their lives.
The people of Finland, and all over the world who make this time so worth it.
Riisi piirakka. (Rice Pie or pastry)
Snow that never stops falling.
Crazy cats that scratch us silly when we teach old Russian ladies.
The smile on my face that never ceases doing the work of the Lord.
The tender mercies of the Lord that are never ending.

Hyvää Kiitos Päivää!!  (Happy Thanksgiving!!)

Rakkaudellani, 
Sisar Cardon

No comments:

Post a Comment