Saturday, January 21, 2017

September 19, 2016 Change brings growth

The view from where we had our picnic.
Yes. Finland is unreal.
We got change calls this week. My current companion Sister McAllister is going home, I am going to be in a trio with Sister Carter (we were together for a couple weeks in the MTC!!!) and training a new missionary! I am staying in Espoo...we are going to be busier than I ever have been on my misson. Wow. Like, we are traveling for something once a week, at least. Our little trainee will be "babysat" by other missonaries when we are gone. I literally feel like my change call made me into a parenthood with sister Carter...haha 






This week was incredible. I saw a miracle of being able to see my family here in Finland! She is called "sokeri serku" translating to "sugar cousin" and it means 3rd cousin. It was just too perfect! I never thought I would be able to meet my long lost cousins here in Finland! I am just grateful that those sister missionaries in Tampere were led by the spirit and talked to her on the bus two weeks ago! I love Maiju!



A cute street in Tammisaari the tiny Swedish town
A little spiritual thought for the day...so we are currently teaching this old woman who lives alone and has for her whole life. As we have been teaching her about the plan that Heavenly Father has for her and the Book of Mormon, I have seen her countenance change. I think every time we see her (today we picked some apples from a nearby park and brought them to her before emailing) she looks younger and more and more full of life and light. I know that it is the Gospel of Jesus Christ that is making the difference in her life. Seeing her in church last Sunday brought me so much joy. I know that the Gospel of Jesus Christ will bring each of us a new light and life.  





We made home made cafe rio (sweet pulled pork) 
that was beyond heaven and ate it as a picnic out on the lake

No comments:

Post a Comment