Tuesday, January 17, 2017

August 30, 2016 Tammisaari -(Oak Island)




We had Mission Tour this week. Elder Johnson (gave the talk in conference about Resurrection) and Sabin came to Finland. It was incredible. They chose 8 missionaries from the mission to interview and I was chosen. It was so amazing to be interviewed by a General Authority. I learned a lot from him. 

Mission Tour Highlights:
-power comes from personal righteousness, peace comes from clear consciousness.
-We need 3 things to be happy in life: fill fill mind with truth, hearts with love, and lives with service.
-This is the university of Godhood there have to be challenging courses.

Seeing Sisar Jacobsen at MLC made me cry...again!! How does Heavenly Father do it? We meet our pre-earth life best friends through our missions.

So we pick berries, apples and things on the side of the road all the time...#Finland and this week I found out that the weird pumpkin berry things I have been snacking on...they bloomed. ya those are rose buds. I have been eating roses. #stupidsisarcardonmoment

Quick funny story...So we are over a lot of area, including this really far out town called Tammisaari. We were going out there because we had a couple of assignments to do. it was a 75 minute car ride through probably one of the most beautiful parts of Finland I have ever seen. We were in fields, forrest, old old old towns and lakes...lots of lakes. We get there and as we are talking to people they ALL just keep speaking to us in Swedish and I am like "uhh, that is definitely not the language I have been learning"...yeah turns out its a swedish town and pretty much nobody would speak to us, BUT we did meet a few really golden people and saw the prettiest tiniest city ever! Sister McAllister and I are gonna start learning some Swedish before we go back there.  



We had exchanges in Helsinki yesterday! It was one of the funnest exchanges I have ever been on! #picutres attached. I literally dont have time to tell all the details now, I will tell when I am back in America, the story of us meeting a 94 year old granny on the street, she invited us to lunch and a gospel discussion, we went for some reason, and turns out it was in an old folks home. She bought us our lunch...and we some how managed to get it down (I dont think I like old folks food). Good day and pictures attached



Rakkaudella, Sisar Cardon







  



No comments:

Post a Comment