Saturday, January 21, 2017

September 27, 2016 "vahva kuin härkä" ("strong as an ox")

Helsinki


This past week SO much happened that I feel like it was a month or something..but then again it went by so fast! 

Saying bye to Sister McAllister was so sad! That next transfer in America will be good for her to find a new comp though ;) So grateful for all I can learn from my companions.

The "dream team"
Sister NORMAN!! Yes, she came pre-trained. She is great! From Star Valley Wyoming, 21 (almost) years old and went to Utah State just like me! Its so fun to be with Sister Carter again! We always dreamed of this happening when we had a few weeks together in the MTC! We literally cant stop saying "dream team"...its so funny. We feel like we have been friends forever-probably have been. These sisters truly are "strong like bull"!

SISAR PAAKKARI SURPRISED US!!!
Sister Norman also reminds me a lot of my dear Sister Jacobsen...who I said farewell to this past week...ya dont get me started on the way my heart broke again...We helped bring the departing missionaries to the airport this week by waking up at 4:15 am and well..It was good but hard to see them go! At least its not goodbye forever!

Isnt it incredible the relationships you can make in such short amounts of time?

Spiritual thought for the day:

I was reading in 3 Nephi 17:15-17 this morning. Jesus Christ appears to the Nephites on the American continent  and heals the sick. Then he prays in a way that people couldnt even write the words He spoke unto His Father. 

Why was Christs prayer so powerful?

I pondered this, and thought of a quote I heard in the MTC that is somthing like "if we even had a small sliver of understanding of WHO are are, we would be completely changed." 

Jesus Christ knew who He was. He knew who His Father was. This made the acts that he did so incredible. He not only is the Only Begotten of the Father, but he understands who The Father is.

I hope we can each ponder more of WHO we truly are. As we understand this, we will be changed. 
First time driving...crazy!


I love you all and have you in my prayers!


Keep smiling :)

Sisar Cardon















No comments:

Post a Comment